Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AWESTRUCK

“Awe”:  What you feel when God shows up.

There are some things that catch my attention.  High definition graphics, the aroma of ribs roasting on the grill, a brilliant red sky at dusk for starters.  A truth realized is a bit more gripping as it penetrates deeper into my core being.  A conversation or a melody can strike me in a way that makes me think seriously about my life while eliciting emotions and responses that sometimes surprise me. 

It’s different when God shows up.  Much different.  In the Bible, the word for that kind of uniqueness is ‘holy’.

When God shows up, my attention is not simply caught, it is captured.  A holy moment transforms me and I cannot and should not ever be the same.

This past Sunday, I felt ‘awe’.  I was not the only one.  God showed up as His people worshiped Him and transformation was the result.  Lives were changed and forever marked.  His grace abounded and His people poured out their hearts to Him in obedience and gratitude.  I was just one of the many who stood in awe of His greatness.  We were living in  the midst of a holy moment.

His church at Camden experienced an Acts 2 moment on Sunday, February 27th.
“Everyone around was in awe.” (v. 43)

I think this is the beginning of something very holy.  It’s ‘awe-some’


No comments: